SKILLED STATE SPONSORED VISA
The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
To be able to apply for this visa, you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
Reasons to Apply for this Visa
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- apply for social assistance and welfare services (waiting periods apply)
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
The General Requirements
- Your occupation is in demand in Australia
- You are assessed as being experienced in your occupation;
- You are under 50 years of age
- You have competent English
- You are nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency
- You pass the points test
We will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your visa eligibility. If you have good prospects for success, we will submit an expression of interest with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Your application will remain in a pool for a period of time until you receive an invitation to apply for the visa.
When we have submitted your expression of interest, a state or territory government can examine it and decide whether to nominate you to apply for a visa.
Nomination by an Australia State or Territory government
State and territory government agencies can view your expression of interest in SkillSelect and decide whether to nominate you for a visa. Each state or territory has a list of occupations that guides the types of skills they are looking for.
We are in constant contact with the State and Territory governments and we can advise you of the particular sponsorship criteria each State/Territory government.
In your expression of interest, you can indicate your interest in just one state or territory, or you can choose to be available to all of them. If you accept a nomination, the states and territories may require you to:
- live in the nominating state or territory for a specified minimum time
- tell the state or territory your address, both before and after you arrive in Australia
- be prepared to complete surveys and providing other post-arrival information they ask for
- meet any of their other requirements
To see if you are eligible for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) as a permanent residence visa, please fill in the form and send it to us at email@example.com. Click here to download the form.