SKILLED REGIONAL SPONSORED VISA
The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 489 allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years.
This is not a separate visa subclass but an option to be nominated by your family in Australia.
If you have an Australian citizen or permanent resident family member, you will be eligible to apply for family sponsorship.
To be eligible, you will need to nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and be nominated by an eligible Australian relative living in a ‘Designated area’.
Reasons to Apply for this Visa
This visa allows you and your family to:
- stay in Australia for up to four years
- live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia
- travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid.
- you may be eligible for permanent residence at a later stage
The General Requirements
- be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
- your occupation is in demand in Australia
- You are assessed as being experienced in your occupation
- You are under 50 years of age
- You pass the points test
- You have competent English
We will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your visa eligibility. If you have good prospects for success, we will submit an expression of interest with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
When we have submitted your expression of interest, a state or territory government can examine it and decide whether to nominate you to apply for a visa.